Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter....not!

It is cold! Every Easter I can remember has been cold, so why should this one be any different? It's 50 degrees and feel like 30, and it rained. Three days ago it was 80, and I opened every window in my apartment and turned down the furnace. This morning I turned it back up. I'm finally warm, sort of, with the help of a fleece sweatshirt, jeans and socks. Very warm socks, my feet were cold too!

Oldest granddaughter is crabby today, and when a 'drama queen' is cranky, no one is happy! Her Easter basket did not have the right candy (everyone knows I hate jelly beans!) Yes, we all know this, but since her list of hated things is so long, we can't always keep track of just what is on the list this week. The Easter bunny is not real (I saw those bags in the trunk of mom's car!) Which started a monumental argument with her 5 year old sister, who is extremely happy with every little thing she got! She did not want to dye eggs, but then relented and made one egg for me. She wrote 'grandma' on the egg, dropped it in the dye, and it didn't show up! (Even the Easter eggs don't like me!)

My head hurts from the sobbing and screaming. The one thing she did like is a shiny silver soccer ball with pictures of somebody or other cartoon on it. Then her mom kicked it across the living room and left a scuff mark on it! (Mom hates me! She hurt my ball!)

At that point, I threatened to lock my apartment door and NOT let anyone in for the rest of the day!


Fortunately, things have calmed to a tolerable level. The 5 yr old has left to spend the rest of the holiday with her father and his family. The 'drama queen' will be leaving soon with her mother to go shopping at Wal Mart for something that will fit in her closet to put clothes into, whatever that might be. It will be quiet and peaceful again....for awhile.

I still have not found the culprit that decided to poke at the one almost open cactus blossom in curiosity, causing it to fall off! Will I ever get a cactus to blossom completely? Not with four cats and two small children wandering in and out most days!

I leave you with a pic of the actual queen of my apartment. No it's not me, but my best bud, Cassie, surveying her kingdom and the world. Oh, wait, the world is her kingdom!

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Oh no, sounds like you haven't been having a great day! And I thought I was the only one who had "bad" Easters! I hope you day gets better.

Queen Cassie is so beautiful! She has the most beautiful eyes. She looks every bit the queen in that picture!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Not the best Easter we've had, but things have calmed down now. Cassie does look regal in that pic, I think. She looks like she is saying "You woke me up for this?!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home