Thursday, April 20, 2006

A few things here and there....

Today is my youngest daughter's 26th birthday. (Happy Birthday, Erica!) All I've heard since she was born is that I should not have had her on April 20th. The one bad thing I did know is that Hitler's birthday is the same day. Now in the last few years, I've heard that 4//20 has something to do with pot, or the police or something along those lines. Then the Oklahoma bombing happened on 19th, and Columbine was on one of those days, the 19th or the 20th. Now I've heard Waco happened around this time, the same date? the day before? As if there weren't enough to blame on April 20th.

Erica says I should have picked a different date! Like I had a choice here....after 23 hours (I know, Mom, heaven knows I've heard about the 23 hours of labor how many times before?) I was just glad she finally was born. On any day. Though she was due the 24th, I absolutely refuse to think of being in labor that long! As it was, I read the entire 400 page book I brought along to read in the hospital, before she was born.

So anyway. She now has the computer desk she wanted. It's set up with the computer all ready on it. And her small daughters have given her a chair to use at said desk, although that is still in the box. After the problems getting this desk together, no one is willing to tackle the chair right now. She has a dolphin ice cream cake, maybe the best present of all!

I was in Wal Mart this morning (and I didn't buy coffee filters again! This is how many times I have gone to Wal Mart and come home without those damn filters?) Checked out the yarn department, where all the yarn is out of the carts and baskets and back on the shelves. But the four or five new and different colors of Red Heart Super Savers are nowhere to be found! They were there a week ago, now they are not on the shelves. What the heck?! I know I didn't make these up. Another woman described most of them perfectly in her post on the About.com crochet forum. They are at her Wal Mart, somewhere in one of those middle rectangle states that I can never figure out which one is which. They were at ours too. But they're not now!

And the clearance yarn. A couple of days ago, it was all on endcaps by the other yarn. I couldn't find it, until I saw it hidden in some baskets at the end of the cutting table, blocked from sight by a couple of carts of junk. They may try to hide their clearance yarn from me, but I WILL find it! Just for that, I bought the remaining two skeins of Dusty Teal for $1.50 each. With the amount of this color I've already bought and squirreled away in my yarn closet, I figure I bought every one of the skeins of this color that was ever at this Wal Mart. Then there were two skeins of 12 ounce Simply Soft in the color, Mango, of which I already own three. They were marked $3.77 each on a red clearance sticker. That's not a clearance price as far as I'm concerned. Weren't they #3.98 originally? That's a sale price. Not a clearance price. I didn't buy them. Just as well. It's not like I need more yarn, even if I love that color.

Oh, well, I do have to eventually go back to Wal Mart for those elusive coffee filters. I can always check that clearance yarn again. I bet they try to hide it from me again, too. But I WILL find it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home