Friday, June 09, 2006

Pic from the demon camera....

It seems the camera has a faulty switch. If I put batteries in the camera, it will stay on and take pictures no matter what position the switch is in. It will not turn off. So I put batteries in it, take pictures and take the batteries back out again. Works for now, until I can decide what to do with it. Probably replace it, since it isn't the newest digital camera around.

This is the second Knot Ugly Shrug from Stitch & Bitch, The Happy Hooker. After a lot of frogging, adding a few rows and stitches here and there, I finally like the way it turned out. It's from Bernat Cottontots, a worsted weight yarn that is a little bigger than Caron Simply Soft. It also does not stretch as much. This shrug came out bigger and hangs a little longer than the one from Simply Soft.

I made the ties longer, using 31 stitches instead of 14. I like the longer ties. I also tapered the ends of the ties. On the edging on the sleeves, I increased the 4 rows to 10 rows. Now it hangs to the top of my hands, covering my wrists. I like this length a lot, since it covers my arms which are not the most beautiful in the world in the summertime. I am allergic to the sun, and can't always stay out of the sunlight, so I have some lovely red marks on my arms. This shrug will be great for covering that.

I'm considering trying this shrug again. This is one pattern in this book that I really like, also the only one I've made. At the rate I'm going, I may not get to any of the other patterns! I'd like to try it in Simply Soft and a smaller hook for my 8 almost 9 year old granddaughter. Then maybe one in a sport or baby yarn for the 5 year old. Shrugs are in this summer, and both granddaughters are already wearing purchased ones.

Right now I've started the Bell Sleeved Sweater from the Tahki Stacy Charles Spring book in lavender Microspun. I love the way this is looking so far. I've tried a couple of different yarns for this, but the Microspun looks the best. It's an easy pattern, so I hope I can finish it fast.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Great job on the shrug! I love the way you did the sleeve edging. Can't wait now to see your new bell sleeved sweater too!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks! It turned out better than I expected. So far, so good on the sweater. I really like using Microspun for it, and the gauge is pretty close. Now I hope it fits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home