Thursday, May 25, 2006

New plants from a friend....



I've got new plants! The top one is a Creeping Charlie. It's so healthy and green that I'm hoping I can keep it looking this way. A friend started this for me from cuttings from her plant. The one at the end of this post is a succulent called the Mother of Thousands. It will eventually have plantlets all up and down each leaf. Each little baby will drop off and grow into a new plant if it lands in dirt. This one too, my friend got for me where she lives. I've never seen them in the plant shops around here.

I want to thank my friend for bringing these to me and for the nice chat we had yesterday. It's always fun to have someone to talk with about our major obsessions, which for both of us is crochet and houseplants.

My friend had brought some bags and purses she had crocheted for my granddaughters to use. Both girls love having their own purses to carry all their stuff around in. I had them all laying on a chair waiting for them to get home today, when my daughter walked over to them. She picked up one and said 'I love this. It's now my new purse!' Although my daughter has never used any of the purses and bags I've crocheted, this is not surprising. I tend to use much brighter colors than she likes. This one is beige with narrow jewel colored stripes in darker tones. I was laughing about this when she left for work, and realized that for my daughter this is the perfect bag. Colors that aren't so bright, and a size that would be too small for me. But for her, this is exactly the size of bag she likes.

Back to my cleaning. My older daughter and family should be arriving at O'Hare in Chicago tonight sometime. Though the last I heard the plane had been delayed by the weather up here. Fortunately they have reservations to stay in Chicago tonight, and will drive up to Wisconsin tomorrow. First to see her Father and Grandparents, then here on Saturday. By then the nice warm weather should have moved in, so we can grill out in the afternoon, and all three of my granddaughters can play outside. I've not seen my daughter since 2003 right after her daughter was born, so this an exciting visit. My granddaughters who live here can't wait to meet their cousin who will be 3 years old next week.


2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I'm glad you like everything! I had a great time too!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home