Saturday, May 06, 2006

Not too bad a day at all.....

I never talk about work, because talking about where you work is not usually a good idea. But today, working turned into a fun day that always makes me remember why I work Saturdays a lot, unlike most of my friends who do not want to work on weekends. On weekends I work with mostly teenagers or very young adults, and this weekend was fun! Working with 3 teenagers and one moron (me!) made the time fly by. When I am not in my comfort zone at work, I'm rather lost, and these kids thought that was hilarious! Fortunately it helps to laugh at yourself, especially when you have just done something (or a lot of somethings!) that is incredibly stupid. Thanks, guys! You all reminded me why it is I don't mind working Saturday mornings at all.

I have started a new project from the Stitch and Bitch, The Happy Hooker. Though I wasn't overly impressed with this book when I first got it, it does have some really nice patterns. One is the Knot Ugly Shrug. Since I tend to crochet rather tightly, I upped the hook size to a K, and I am using the large size in the pattern. It still looks too small for me, at least as far as I have gotten. Good thing there is an 8 year old around who looked at it and said, 'I want that!' That's great, since it will probably be hers when I get it finished.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Looks like you're making great progress on the shrug. I may have to switch to a larger hook on mine too. I swear this one shriks while you work on it!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I measured mine last night. Should have done that earlier! It does seem to shrink as you crochet it. It will fit Ashley, I hope. She wants it, so that's okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home