Thursday, April 27, 2006

A little of this and a little of that

Kellie Pickler got booted from American Idol tonight. Not unexpected at all. I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did. There is not anyone I really like that much. Kathryn has a great voice, with training she could be a star. And Chris, after his fantastic performance last night, definitely will be in the final two. I guess I'd like to see Chris and Kathryn as the final two, but who knows. I like watching it, but I really don't care who wins this year. My 8 yr. old granddaughter was broken hearted by Kellie being booted tonight. Of course, Kellie looks like a Barbie Doll, so it was easy to see why Ashley loved her.


Instead of watching the half hour Idol from beginning to finish, Erica came up here to turn on a special edition of LOST. So with remote in hand, she switched back and forth to catch the main highlights of Idol and then back to LOST. After watching most of the first half hour and all of the last, I can't wait to watch the entire 2nd season. I didn't start watching at the beginning of season 2, because I was still watching the 1st on DVD. Now I'll either catch it in reruns, or wait until this season comes out in DVD. They've added a lot of new people this year, but after awhile even with the short clips, I got interested in what was going on. I think it's going to be as exciting to watch the 2nd season as it was to watch the 1st. That show has the most fantastic writers! You can tell they grew up watching sci fi and shows like the Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents. What imaginations these people have!



The little blue poncho is taking longer than I thought it would. Who'd a thought a fishnet poncho would be so time consuming?! It's cute though, but it's going to take a few days to get it done. Good thing I have a lot of Berry Blue by Caron Simply Soft, it's going to take more than I thought. Good way to use up some yarn stash.



Tomorrow will be busy. It's an off day for me with kids to haul back and forth to school, laundry to do, papers to mail out and plants that need watering. My brand new cactus has dropped it's flower bud. I know it was not anyone touching it or knocking it off. I suspect temperature change and the fact that it was moved from the greenhouse at Wal Mart to the house. Still, two others have flower buds that are attached and smaller, so there's hope for a cactus blossom sometime in the future.



This is a picture of the still attached cactus blossom yesterday. On the left is another little cactus with a flower stalk that hasn't fallen yet. Maybe, being smaller, it will continue to grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home