Monday, May 08, 2006

Finished halter top.....

This is not the best picture of the halter top I finished tonight. But it is finished! Whenever I finish something I feel like I have made a dent in the bags and bags of works in progress I have stashed in my yarn closet. Never mind that I started this just a day and a half ago! I have hope that I will finish at least of some of the projects I've started.

I wanted to try the Bernat Baby CoOrdinates self stripes yarn, and wanted a halter top to see if I could come up with one small enough to fit my almost three year old granddaughter. This isn't it! It is the yarn, but looking at it, I think it's more likely to fit the five year old granddaughter. Smaller hook next time! I'm not sure I like the blotches of color. Maybe purple and white or pink and white. Something about the pink and purple I just don't care for, maybe there should be a third color in the mix, like white. Little girls will probably love the colors.

I do have a couple of skeins of green and blue mix that I'll try next just as soon as I finish the Knot Ugly Shrug from the Stitch and Bitch book. Then I want to get a few skeins of the Bernat yarn in the purple/white and pink/white combinations. I think I might like those colors better. Also gives me a good excuse to go look at the yarn at Wal Mart again. Like I needed an excuse!

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I think the halter top is very pretty! I hope your DGD likes it, whichever one gets to wear it!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Thank you! It is better than I thought it would be when I first started out. It will probably fit Ashley the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home