Sunday, May 14, 2006

More proof that I can actually finish a crochet project



I'm feeling very proud of myself that I have finished another crochet project. Proving that all those works in progress I have sitting around in my yarn closet will eventually get finished, or made into something else. This is the Knot Ugly Shrug from the Stitch & Bitch, The Happy Hooker. My first project from that book, but not the last. Next challenge is the Frou Frou Sweater.

That won't get started for awhile yet, since I started another sweater today from the new Interweave Crochet magazine. It's the Lacy Leaf Cocoon by Annie Modesitt. I started it in Caron's Simply Soft Country Blue and Light Country Blue, and I love the way it's working up already. Right now it looks a very large doily in yarn!

The plant below is a Hydrangea I recieved from my daughter, Erica and her daughters for Mother's Day. Though the day is really cool and rainy, yet again, this is making my kitchen very cheery with it's beautiful blue and purple flowers. If we ever warm up around here, I plan on taking this one outside for the summer. For right now it's living on my kitchen table, which now is officially a jungle. What you can't see is behind the camera is a five feet tall palm tree, patiently waiting until it is warm enough to move outside to my balcony for the summer. I sometimes get the feeling that some morning, I will have to chop my way through the kitchen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home